Man City, Arsenal in seven-club race for 18-year-old set to star at Euro 2024, agent confirms

Manchester City and Arsenal are among seven European clubs keeping tabs on Besiktas star Semih Kilicsoy as the teenager prepares for Euro 2024 with Turkey.

Kilicsoy came off the bench to win his first cap for Turkey on Tuesday after his breakout season in the Turkish Super Lig and hopes to be in the final squad heading to Germany later this month.

Seven-club race for Kilicsoy

Playing both on the left wing and as a centre-forward, Kilicsoy claimed 11 goals and three assists in 20 league starts, and was one of few bright sparks for Besiktas in a disppointing campaign that saw them finish sixth.

Reports in March said both Arsenal and had sent representatives to watch Kilicsoy in action and it was further claimed that City had gathered positive reports on the 18-y…

Arsenal: Arteta ‘best man’ to replace Guardiola at Man City for these three reasons

Nobody is better suited to replace Pep Guardiola at Manchester City than Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta, according to Danny Mills.

Guardiola is expected to leave the Citizens when his contract expires after the 2024/25 campaign, admitting last month that he is closer to leaving than he is signing a new deal.

His exit could come sooner if Man City are found guilty of the 115 charges against them, .

Bayer Leverkusen head coach ahead of the Spaniard s likely departure, though they would prefer to keep their current and ridiculously successful manager.

Having coached at the Etihad before taking over as boss in December 2019, .

It feels unlikely that he would leave the Gunners project for another Premier League club but if he goes another season witho…

Man Utd ‘close to agreement’ for first summer signing with £34m transfer ‘99.9%’ likely

According to reports, Manchester United are set to beat Serie A giants AC Milan in the race to sign Netherlands international Joshua Zirkzee from Bologna.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe s new-look recruitment team at Old Trafford are stepping up their efforts to make signings ahead of the 2024/25 campaign. It is understood that it is their priority to sign a new striker, centre-back and centre-midfielder this summer.

Somewhat surprisingly after last summer s sh*tshow, Man Utd already appear close to signing a new forward amid reports suggesting they have identified as their top target.

£64m signing Rasmus Hojlund overcame adversity to enjoy a strong debut season at last term as he scored 16 goals across all competitions. But competition is required in forward areas and Zi…

‘Relieved’ Sarina Wiegman celebrates as England qualify for Euro 2025 after Sweden draw

England have qualified for Euro 2025 after a goalless draw against Sweden and Sarina Wiegman has expressed her relief.

Reigning champions England finished second in Group A3 and earned a hard-fought point to avoid a play-off scenario for qualification.

They dominated the first half, with the best chance falling to Georgia Stanway, before Sweden got a foothold in the game.

The hosts threatened after the break and Wiegman admitted it was a relief to qualify following a tough contest.

Speaking to ITV, the boss said: “I’m happy and very relieved because indeed it was a tough game and again, two different phases.

“The first half I think we dominated, beside the last part. When you play so well, we are so dominant and we have to create more chan…

France star ‘goes to Man Utd’ as Real Madrid ‘reject’ player Perez ‘was never interested in’

Real Madrid have told Adrien Rabiot to join Leny Yoro at Man Utd as club president Florentino Perez doesn t want him , according to reports.

Rabiot is a free agent after leaving Juventus and could finally be on the move to the Premier League after years of being linked with , Arsenal and Tottenham, among others.

Unsurprisingly, the Red Devils are strongly linked with the French midfielder again. They reportedly came close to landing him for free last summer before he signed a one-year extension in Turin.

Rabiot started five of France s six matches at Euro 2024, missing the quarter-final against Portugal.

The 29-year-old has 48 caps for his country but was not in Didier Deschamps squad when they won the World Cup in 2018.

He offers a wealth of exp…

Arsenal given ‘green light’ to sign Bayern star who is ‘particularly keen’ on Gunners transfer

Arsenal are keen on signing Bayern Munich winger Kingsley Coman on loan, according to reports.

Coman, 28, has had his fair share of injury problems over the years but is a fantastic player on his day and would certainly improve the attack if signed.

He would bring a wealth of experience to the Gunners dressing room having won a ridiculous 12 league titles in 13 years as a senior player.

The one year he failed to win a league title was in 2023/24 with Bayern Munich. We blame Harry Kane for that.

The Frenchman has scored an impressive 63 goals and provided 66 assists in 294 appearances for Bayern having previously played for Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain.

It was definitely not Arsenal s defence that let them down in the Champions League and Pre…

Liverpool preparing ‘sensational late-window move’ for star Napoli forward after ‘long-term’ interest

Liverpool are reportedly plotting a sensational late-window move for Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, turning their long-term interest in him into a concrete approach.

Kvaratskhelia has been a star for Napoli for the past two seasons. In his first campaign after moving from Dinamo Batumi, the winger scored 14 goals in all competitions, while also chipping in with 17 assists.

Last term, he followed that up with 11 goals and nine assists in all competitions. He has, at various points, been linked with big clubs, such as Manchester United and Liverpool.

United have signed a number of players this season, and are therefore unlikely to make a move for financial reasons, but the Reds, , are plotting a sensational late-window move .

They have been on the lookout for a wi…

Arsenal: Wright throws shade at Premier League referee for Rice sending off

Arsenal legend Ian Wright has slammed Premier League referee Chris Kavanagh for his controversial red card towards Gunners midfielder Declan Rice at the weekend.

The midfielder was given his marching orders on the 49th minute in a disappointing 1-1 draw to Brighton on Saturday, as they dropped two points at the Emirates.

The 25-year-old kicked the ball away as Joel Veltman was about to take a free kick, in what was his second booking of the game.

While Wright believes Rice will be a little disappointed , the former front man has aimed his frustrations towards the referee over the red card.

You have to take the point, Wright told Premier League Productions. I do think Declan (Rice) will look at the two yellows and be a little disappointed.

MORE …

Paul Merson says Arsenal have trump card over Tottenham in North London Derby

Arsenal are gearing up for a huge fixture with rivals Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday and Paul Merson believes the Gunners have the deciding player.

Despite dropping points against Brighton in their last fixture, the Gunners have had a good start to the season with Mikel Arteta s men sat on seven points and fourth in the table.

Tottenham only have four points from a possible nine this season, despite them showing dominance in their matches.

have a number of key players out through injury, like Martin Odegaard and Riccardo Calafiori but Merson believes the Gunners have the trump card in Raheem Sterling.

The England international signed for Arsenal in an extraordinary deadline day move on loan from Chelsea.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Merson said this on …

‘I’m hearing’ PIF want to sell Newcastle and buy Liverpool amid ‘$1bn injection’ – Ex-PL chairman

Newcastle United owners PIF could look to sell the Magpies in order to buy Premier League rivals Liverpool, according to what a former Premier League chairman is hearing .

The Magpies, who are 80 per cent owned by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, have enjoyed a significant resurgence since Amanda Staveley and her partners completed their £305million takeover in November 2021.

However, having admitted they had over-achieved in finishing fourth last season, head coach Eddie Howe admitted in May that he is acutely aware of the need for patience as they attempt to take the next steps within the Premier League’s strict financial rules, which are currently the topic of intense debate.

PIF’s purchase of a controlling stake in proved to be the prelude to …